The operating system and hardware requirements to run ArcGIS GeoEvent Server are listed below.
Operating system requirements
ArcGIS GeoEvent Server has the same operating system requirements as the ArcGIS Server software component in ArcGIS Enterprise.
For more information, see ArcGIS Server 11.2 system requirements.
The ingestion and analysis of real-time data can be machine resource intensive. The allocation and consumption of resources can be highly variable depending on the configuration. Review the recommendations below to ensure a successful deployment of GeoEvent Server.
- It is recommended that production systems have at
least 16 GB of the latest generation of RAM (such as DDR4) to
optimize event record throughput and processing. Use cases that
may require additional RAM include the following:
- Using a large volume of geofences
- Using highly complex geofences (polygons with thousands of vertices)
- Monitoring for continuous incidents
- GeoEvent Server should be deployed on machines with at least 4 physical cores and 8 logical/virtual processors. Production systems will likely require 8 physical cores to achieve adequate performance.
- A higher network bandwidth connection (such as 1 GB or 10 GB) that supports higher input/output operations per second (IOPS) is recommended to reduce latency in receiving and sending event data.
Many production systems may require additional CPU cores and RAM.
GeoEvent Server requires a minimum disk space identical to and in addition to the 10 GB recommended by ArcGIS Server. Additional disk space for each configured input and output is required, as discussed below. The amount of disk space required varies depending on the number of input and output connectors being used.
An instance of GeoEvent Server configured with a single input or output (including stream services) will create a single Kafka topic in the ArcGIS GeoEvent Gateway.
- Each topic will have, by default, three partitions.
- Each topic partition, by default, can grow to 400 MB.
- Each input or output, therefore, requires a maximum of 1.2 GB of disk space.
The additional disk space for each input and output is necessary to account for the on-disk event queues used by the ArcGIS GeoEvent Gateway.
For more information, see the following:
ArcGIS Server must be installed and configured on the machine before installing GeoEvent Server.
Supported web browsers
GeoEvent Server requires one of the following web browsers to be installed:
- Google Chrome version 111 and later
- Microsoft Edge version 111 and later
- Mozilla Firefox version 113 and later
- Mozilla Firefox version 102 (ESR)
- Safari version 15 and later