If you want to modify Portal for ArcGIS to use a different ArcGIS Web Adaptor, for example, you want to change the name of the Web Adaptor or the name of the machine hosting ArcGIS Web Adaptor, you're required to first unregister ArcGIS Web Adaptor with your portal.
You'll use the ArcGIS Portal Directory to unregister ArcGIS Web Adaptor with your portal. You can only unregister through the ArcGIS Portal Directory; the unregister functionality is not available from the ArcGIS Web Adaptor configuration page or the portal website.
To unregister ArcGIS Web Adaptor, follow the steps below.
- Open the ArcGIS Portal Directory and sign in as an Administrator of your organization. The URL is formatted https://portal.domain.com:7443/arcgis/portaladmin.
- Click System > Web Adaptors.
- On the Web Adaptors page, click the name of the machine hosting ArcGIS Web Adaptor.
- On the Web Adaptor: <machine name> page, click Unregister Web Adaptor.
- On the Unregister Web Adaptor page, click Unregister Web Adaptor. ArcGIS Web Adaptor is unregistered with your portal.
- Configure the new ArcGIS Web Adaptor with your portal. For full instructions, see Configuring ArcGIS Web Adaptor.
If your intention is to completely remove the previous Web Adaptor from your portal, it is recommended that you uninstall ArcGIS Web Adaptor after following the steps above. Uninstalling deletes all ArcGIS Web Adaptor configuration details from the portal and blocks members and clients from accessing the portal through the unregistered ArcGIS Web Adaptor URL. For full instructions, see Uninstalling ArcGIS Web Adaptor.