ArcGIS GeoEvent Server and the ArcGIS GeoEvent Gateway service utilize Apache ZooKeeper to store and manage the configuration. ZooKeeper is a centralized coordination utility used to backup and manage both GeoEvent Server and Apache Kafka configurations. The data managed by ZooKeeper is stored on disk for availability and disaster recovery.
GeoEvent Server ZooKeeper settings
You can modify the location of the ZooKeeper data storage folder by modifying the ZooKeeper properties file.
The ZooKeeper properties file
The properties file containing the ZooKeeper settings (zookeeper.properties) for GeoEvent Server and the ArcGIS GeoEvent Gateway service can be found in one of the following directories depending on your operation system.
- Windows (default) - C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\server\geoevent\gateway\etc\zookeeper.properties
- Linux (default) - /home/arcgis/server/GeoEvent/gateway/etc/zookeeper.properties
In the ZooKeeper properties file, there are only two settings that can be changed, the gateway data directory and the data directory. By default, the ZooKeeper configuration files are stored in one of the following directories depending on your operation system.
- Windows - C:\ProgramData\ESRI\GeoEvent-Gateway\zookeeper-data\
- Linux - /home/arcgis/.esri/GeoEvent-Gateway/config.[machine name]/zookeeper-data (e.g. /home/arcgis/.esri/GeoEvent-Gateway/config.gesdev01/zookeeper-data)
To change the directory where the ZooKeeper configuration files are stored, update the two settings below in the properties file for your operating system.
Windows default properties:
Linux default properties:
- gateway.data.dir=/home/arcgis/.esri/GeoEvent-Gateway/config.[machine name] (e.g. /home/arcgis/.esri/GeoEvent-Gateway/config.gesdev01)