The use of this resource requires an ArcGIS GIS Server Advanced license and a Production Mapping or Defense Mapping server extension license.
The Topographic Production Service is a type of ArcGIS service originating from a web layer. It allows topographic production capabilities to be performed on the web using ArcGIS by automating the process of producing a layout or map based on a defined map product.
Introduction to the service
The Topographic Production Service is the entry point for creating topographic products in ArcGIS Server. The Topographic Production Service resource provides information about the service, which enables Topographic Production server capabilities on a map service. You can also view the child resources and operations defined by the Topographic Production Server Object Extension (SOE).
The following operations are supported in the SOE:
- addProduct—Adds a definition of a map product to the service that can be used to generate a map.
- calculateExtent—Calculates a custom area of interest (AOI) for a given product and version.
- delete—Deletes jobs that have been run or were canceled so that they no longer appear in queries or occupy server space.
- generateProduct—Automates the process of producing a layout or map based on an existing map product definition.
- removeProduct—Removes a map product from the Topographic Production Service.
- updateProduct—Updates the properties of an existing map product.
- products—Gets the map products that the Topographic Production Service supports.
- product—Gets a single map product from the products that the Topographic Production Service supports.
- cancel—Cancels a job submitted through the generateProduct REST operation.
- job—Tracks the status of a job run by the generateProduct REST operation. Returns the status, start date, last modified date, and messages for the job.
- query—Tracks the status of jobs run by the generateProduct REST operation. Returns the status, start date, last modified date, and messages for a set of jobs.
Publish the service
You can publish the Topographic Production Service with the Production Mapping or Defense Mapping extension in ArcGIS Pro.