ArcGIS Enterprise Builder is a simple installation and configuration wizard that sets up a base ArcGIS Enterprise deployment on a single machine. The Builder works in two parts:
- Installs the software on your machine.
- Launches a browser window to configure the software. Once complete, you can access both your ArcGIS Enterprise portal and ArcGIS Server Manager.
You can also use the ArcGIS Enterprise Builder command line utility to configure the software.
When ArcGIS Enterprise Builder is complete, you can start using ArcGIS Enterprise in your organization to create maps, conduct analysis, and share content through a variety of apps. To learn more about sharing workflows, review steps for sharing maps in a web application.
Limitations of ArcGIS Enterprise Builder
- It creates a base deployment on a single machine only—it will not create a multimachine base deployment.
- It standardizes the installation directories and Run As accounts for all software components. You cannot customize the installation directory location or Run As account information on a per-component basis.
- It only supports IIS web servers.
If any of the these limitations apply to your configuration, consider using another tool to automate your deployment. For on-premises deployments, Esri recommends using Chef to automate installation and configuration. For cloud deployments, learn more about ArcGIS Enterprise on Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure. For all other deployments, follow tutorial steps in this section to get started.