ArcGIS Image Server 11.2 includes updates, enhancements, new tools, and improved functionality.
If you're upgrading from 11.1 or an earlier release to ArcGIS Image Server 11.2, you must reauthorize your software. You can obtain a new license file from My Esri.
Imagery content management
- Added cloud support for Deep Learning Studio.
See the following sections for updates on imagery display and raster analysis available for Map Viewer.
Raster analysis tools
Twenty-eight raster analysis tools have been added in different categories.
- Performance improvements for dynamic imagery layers.
- Enable WMTS support for imagery layers on Linux.
Map Viewer Classic
See the following sections for updates on imagery display and raster analysis available for Map Viewer Classic.
The following tools and functions have been updated.
Raster analysis tools
The following tools are enhanced:
You can launch raster functions from the Item Details page on the Content tab by clicking the Open in Raster Function Editor button, or you can access the raster functions by clicking the Raster Analysis button.
The following new raster function has been added:
ArcGIS REST API
The following updates have been made for ArcGIS REST API.
The Image Service root information supports root information properties:
- Mean Pixel Size—returns the value of mean pixel size, the unit is converted in "meters." It is calculated from the pixel size X, pixel size Y, and unit of the spatial reference.
- Image inspection properties include:
- Find (Image Service)—Finds all the images that contain toGeometry and sorts them accordingly.
- Get Image Url—Gets an image URL that is accessible to the requesting web client.
- Image to Map—Converts a geometry on an image space to a map space.
- Image to Map Multiray—Computes as a 3D geometry in a map from multiple image space geometries on multiple corresponding raster items of the same object.
- Map to Image—Converts a geometry on a map space to an image space.
- Measure from Image—Provides mensuration capability within one image space and returns the measurement result in map space unit.
- Query GPS Info— Queries generic camera information, camera GPS locations when taking an image, image center coordinates, and exterior orientation information of each source image inside the image collection.
Raster analysis tasks
The following raster analysis tasks are new:
- DeriveStreamAsLine—Generates stream line features from an input surface raster with no prior sink or depression filling required.
- DeriveStreamAsRaster—Generates a stream raster from an input surface raster with no prior sink or depression filling required.
The following raster analysis tasks have been enhanced:
- CreateViewshed—Six new optional parameters have been added: verticalError, refractivityCoefficient, horizontalStartAngle, horizontalEndAngle, verticalUpperAngle, verticalLowerAngle
- Pyramid environment is now supported in most distance, hydrology, and zonal analysis tasks.
ArcGIS API for Python
See the Release notes 184.108.40.206 for arcgis.raster module and submodule updates.