If you already have a certificate issued by a commercial or internal Certificate Authority (CA), you can configure this existing certificate with ArcGIS Notebook Server. To import this certificate into ArcGIS Notebook Server, the certificate and its associated private key must be stored in the PKCS#12 format, which is represented by a file with either the .p12 or .pfx extension.
Import the certificate into ArcGIS Notebook Server
- Log in to the ArcGIS Notebook Server Administrator Directory as the primary site administrator or a user with administrative privileges, for example, https://notebookserver.domain.com:11443/arcgis/admin.
- Browse to machines > [machine name] > sslcertificates.
- Since the certificate you are importing was issued by a CA, you must first import the CA's root or intermediate certificate. Click importRootOrIntermediate to import the CA's root or intermediate certificate.
- Click importExistingServerCertificate to import the server certificate.
- In the Certificate password field, type the password to unlock the file containing the certificate.
- In the Alias field, type a unique name that easily identifies the certificate.
- Click Browse to choose the .p12 or .pfx file that contains the certificate and its private key.
- Click Import to import the certificate.
Configure ArcGIS Notebook Server to use the certificate
To specify the certificate that ArcGIS Notebook Server should use, complete the following steps:
- Log in to the ArcGIS Notebook Server Administrator Directory at https://notebookserver.domain.com:11443/arcgis/admin.
- Browse to machines > [machine name].
- Click edit.
- Type the name of the certificate that you want to use in the Web server SSL Certificate field.
- Click Save Edits to apply your change. This automatically restarts your ArcGIS Notebook Server site.
- After your site is restarted, verify that you can access the URL https://notebookserver.domain.com:11443/arcgis/admin. If you do not get a response from this URL, ArcGIS Notebook Server was unable to use the certificate.
- On the current page, view the property Web server SSL Certificate to verify that the desired certificate will be used for HTTPS.
Access your site
With HTTPS enabled by default, ArcGIS Notebook Server listens on port 11443 for requests. Access the Administrator Directory at https://notebookserver.domain.com:11443/arcgis/admin or https://notebookwebadaptor.domain.com/notebook/admin.