Follow these steps to configure ArcGIS Data Store for use with Portal for ArcGIS.
Note that you must create an ArcGIS GIS Server site before you can create a data store.
- Configure ArcGIS Server and Portal for ArcGIS.
- Install ArcGIS Data Store.
- If you require communication with ArcGIS Data Store always be authenticated through SSL using a certificate from a certifying authority, replace the default ArcGIS Data Store certificate.
- Create a relational, tile cache, or spatiotemporal big data store.
- If you require high availability for your data store, add a data store machine.
- Specify a shared location for backups.
- If you require different types of data stores be used with your portal's hosting server, repeat steps 2 through 6 on additional machines.