ArcGIS provides several apps you can use to view maps in web browsers, mobile devices, and desktop map viewers. Most map clients allow you to browse location-specific places, view information about the attributes on the map, see legends and scales, go to bookmarked places, and print. Some clients offer additional tools and capabilities that allow you to route, measure, and select a basemap. As the map author, you can set these properties on the item page of your map.
- Create and save a map in Map Viewer. For Collector for ArcGIS, the map needs to include at least one editable feature layer.
- From the My Content tab of the content page, click the name of your map to view its item page.
- Click the Settings tab and scroll down to the Application Settings section under Web Map Settings.
- Select the settings to enable.
The ArcGIS apps support some, but not all, of these settings. See the descriptions below for more information.
- Click Save to update your map with the enabled settings.