You can create a web app by putting a shared group of content into an ArcGIS Instant Apps or ArcGIS Configurable Apps template. These group-based apps display the items in a group and related details about the group, such as the name and description. The templates offer different options for customizing the appearance and behavior of your app. Some display the maps, scenes, and apps in the group. Others display maps only. They are sometimes called gallery apps since they display the collection of items in a group. Once you have found an app template you like, publish your app to your ArcGIS Enterprise portal. You need privileges to create content in order to publish your app to your portal. As an alternative, you can download an app and deploy it to your organization's web server.
Any changes made to the group or items in the group are reflected in the app. If an item that was public or shared with the group is made private or is deleted, the item no longer appears in the app. If the group is private, only group members who sign in to the website will be able to see items in the app. If you are the group owner and want to share the app with the widest audience, consider making the group and its items available to everyone (public).
Create an app starting from a group page
To create an app starting from a group page, follow the steps below.
- Verify that you are signed in and have privileges to create and share content.
- Open the group you want to use to create an app.
- On the Overview tab, click Create a web app.
- Depending on your choice of app builder, do the following:
- For Instant Apps, you are taken directly to the app builder and can begin creating your app.
- For Configurable Apps, click a thumbnail to see a description of the app and access the Create Web App button.
- Click Create Web App to start configuring your app.
- Type a title, tags, and a summary for your app.
- If your organization has set up content categories, click Assign Category and select up to 20 categories to help people find your app. You can also use the Filter categories box to narrow the list of categories.
- Optionally select a different folder in My Content in which to save your app.
- Click Done.
Your app is published to the ArcGIS Enterprise portal and an unshared item is added to My Content. (To make your app accessible to others, you need to share it.)
- Change any configurable components in the app.
Your organization may have specified brand colors or a logo to apply to apps created by members of your organization. When you create an app that supports these Shared theme settings, the specified settings will be applied instead of the default theme of the app.
- If you chose an Instant Apps template (with the express or full setup experience), click Publish to save and publish your changes (or you can return to the configuration from your app's item page to make changes to the draft and publish later). Otherwise, click Save and click Close when you're finished.