Navigate scenes with Scene Viewer tools, or use your mouse or touch device to move around scenes.
You can move around scenes with the following Scene Viewer tools:
- Click Initial view to return to the initial camera position.
- Click Zoom in to zoom in.
- Click Zoom out to zoom out.
- You can also use the mouse and scroll wheel to zoom in and zoom out, or click the wheel button while moving down or up to zoom in or out.
- Click Pan to pan. Click the mouse button while dragging the scene in the direction you want to move it. You can also pan using the arrow keys on the keyboard.
- Click Rotate to rotate. Click the mouse button while dragging the scene in the direction you want to rotate and tilt it.
When you click either tool, the mouse button becomes the primary navigation and the right mouse button the secondary navigation. For example, click Rotate to use the mouse button to rotate and the right mouse button to pan. The black triangle at the upper right of the tool indicates the tool is selected.
- Compass shows the orientation of the scene. Click Compass to set your scene to North orientation.
Device navigation methods
You can use the following navigation methods with devices:
- Scene Viewer provides viewing experiences for smartphones and tablets. With smartphones, you can navigate your scene with a simplified viewing experience without authoring or tools. Tablets offer the same user interface as desktop computers.
- If you have touch capabilities on your device, you can pinch zoom with two fingers and pan with one finger. You can also double-tap the scene to zoom in a step toward the tapped location. To rotate the scene, move two fingers in a clockwise or counterclockwise direction. To tilt the scene, drag two fingers up or down on the screen.
The Pan/Rotate navigation controls and 3D Navigation settings do not affect touch.
- Scene Viewer supports standard gamepads and 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse devices for intuitive navigation. See Scene Viewer navigation devices for more information.
You can use the following navigation actions:
Zoom in at the pointer.
Press the arrow keys
Move the view left, right, up, or down (global scene only).
Press B and click
View from the current camera position.
Rotate the view counterclockwise.
Rotate the view clockwise.
Tilt the camera up.
Tilt the camera down.
Move down, closer to the view (global scene only).
Move up, away from the view (global scene only).
Set the scene perpendicular to the ground.
Set the scene to north orientation.
Save the scene.
Start and stop sun animation over a day period.
Drag with one or multiple fingers
Pan the scene.
Double-tap with one finger
Zoom in at the finger position.
Use two fingers to pinch in or out
Zoom in or out.
Move two fingers in a clockwise or counterclockwise direction
Rotate the scene.
Drag two fingers up or down the screen
Tilt the scene.