ArcGIS clients offer several geocoding tools that you can use to geocode multiple addresses or places at a time using on-premises geocoding services. Tools that geocode multiple address or places at once provide the following experience:
- The tools accept a portal item as input. Valid portal items are table layers, comma separated values (CSV) files, or Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
- The tools allow feature layer or file output items in the portal. Supported file types are CSV or Excel spreadsheets.
- Members of the default administrator role can configure the tools to leverage on-premises geocoding services and support asynchronous execution to get jobs done faster.
The following tools allow you to geocode tables of addresses or places against the locators configured in your portal:
- The Geocode Locations from Table standard feature analysis tool in Map Viewer Classic
- The Geocode Locations from Table geoprocessing tool in ArcGIS Pro (starting with 2.2)The Batch Geocode ArcGIS REST API task
- The ArcGIS API for Python batch_geocode function