By default, your report configuration is private, which means it does not appear in search results and isn't part of any group. You have several options for sharing your items, which are described in the following table.
The sharing behavior is the same for ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Online organization members.
Sharing with everyone makes your item public. Anyone who has access to the portal website can find and use it.
Share your report configurations with the portal if you want only members of your portal organization to have access to it.
If you are a member of a group, you can share your item with the members of that group. Sharing with specific groups restricts access to a smaller, more focused set of people.
Groups and your portal or everyone
You can share a report configuration with a larger audience (everyone or your portal) and also share it with a specific group. This allows you to categorize your item as especially relevant to a particular group while still making it available to others in your organization.
Sharing report configurations
You can share your report configurations with others who are part of your ArcGIS organizational account using Roadway Reporter. These configurations can be used as the starting point for others to create new report configurations with modifications. Also, if a report is shared to another person, that person can run the report to get the most current results.
- Shared report configurations can be accessed only when a person signs in to their ArcGIS organizational account used for the Roadway Reporter app.
- The login page is accessible only when you have the enabled security for the Roadway Reporter app in the configuration file.
Use the following steps to share your report configuration:
- Sign in to the Roadway Reporter app using your ArcGIS organizational account.
- Go to the Reports page and click the My Reports button .
The My Reports section contains folders with the report configurations you've saved.
- Choose the saved report configuration you want to share.
- Click the Share button .
The Sharing Report dialog box appears.
- Choose the appropriate options for sharing.
In the above example, the report configuration has been shared with the members of the Roads portal and the members of a group named Group 1. If the report configuration was shared with the members of Group 1 only, the members of the portal who are not part of Group 1 would not have access to that report configuration.
- Click OK.
The report configuration is now shared.
Sharing report configurations you do not own
To share report configurations that you do not own, do the following:
- Access a report configuration shared by another person by opening it from Reports > Shared Reports.
- Click the Edit Report button .
- Click Next until you reach the Save Report page.
- Save the report configuration in your folder.
- Follow the steps in the sharing report configurations section to share the report configuration using your parameters.