Register an SAP HANA data warehouse with ArcGIS Server
In this topic
- Install and configure the SAP HANA client
- Grant privileges
- Connect to SAP HANA
- Register with ArcGIS Server
As an ArcGIS Server administrator, you have the option to register your data folders, databases, and geodatabases with ArcGIS Server. Data registration provides ArcGIS Server a list of locations to access. Data registration also helps ArcGIS Server adjust data paths when publishing across machines.
The following sections describe how to prepare your ArcGIS client to connect to SAP HANA and register it with ArcGIS Server.
Install and configure the SAP HANA client
Install and configure the 64-bit SAP HANA client on each ArcGIS Server machine that will connect to SAP HANA.
If your ArcGIS Server site is composed of multiple server machines, you must install and configure the 64-bit SAP HANA client on each server.
See Connect to SAP HANA from ArcGIS for instructions.
Grant the following privileges to all users who will publish data from SAP HANA to ArcGIS Server:
- SELECT on sys.st_geometry_columns and sys.st_spatial_reference_systems
- SELECT on all user data to be published
Connect to SAP HANA
Provide connection information to register a database with ArcGIS Server. There are two ways you can do this:
- Import an existing .sde file that contains the connection information.
You can create a Database Connection (.sde) file from the Catalog tree in ArcGIS for Desktop, using the Create Database Connection geoprocessing tool, or a Python script.
- Provide your connection information at the time of registration.
No matter which way you choose, provide the following information to connect to SAP HANA:
- The type of database platform to which you are connecting (in this case, SAP HANA)
- The ODBC data source name for the SAP HANA data warehouse
- Authentication Type set to database authentication (operating system authentication is not supported)
- A valid database user name and password, which must be saved with the connection
Register with ArcGIS Server
You can register the database from Server Manager or the Catalog tree in ArcGIS for Desktop. See the following topics for an explanation of registration options and how to register the database: