To connect ArcGIS Server to a supported database platform, you'll need to do the following:
Install and configure the database client software
The following topics provide instructions on how to install and configure client software for specific databases. Keep in mind that you must install a release of the client software that is compatible with the release of the database to which you want to connect.
Follow the instructions in these topics to set up database client software on the ArcGIS Server machine:
- Connect to ALTIBASE from ArcGIS
- Connect to Dameng from ArcGIS
- Connect to DB2 from ArcGIS
- Connect to Informix from ArcGIS
- Connect to Oracle from ArcGIS
- Connect to Netezza from ArcGIS
- Connect to SQL Server from ArcGIS
- Connect to Teradata from ArcGIS
- Connect to SAP HANA from ArcGIS
No separate database client is needed to connect to PostgreSQL.
Restart ArcGIS Server
If ArcGIS Server was running before you configured an Oracle database client on the ArcGIS Server machine, you must restart ArcGIS Server. You can restart ArcGIS Server from the Windows Services interface.
Test your connection
Once you've configured your connection to a database in ArcGIS Server, you should test the connection by doing the following:
- Register the database with the server
- Publish a service to the server using data residing in the database
If you encounter problems with your connection, consult the server logs for more information. To learn more about server logging, see Viewing, querying, and configuring server logs.