Use the Add Data Store Machines to the site button in ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder for Microsoft Azure in the following scenarios:
- After creating your base ArcGIS Enterprise deployment on Microsoft Azure, you decide that you want to use functionality or an app that requires a spatiotemporal big data store.
- After creating a base ArcGIS Enterprise deployment, you decide you want to publish scene layers to your portal, which requires a tile cache data store.
- You created a deployment on Azure that includes a spatiotemporal big data store, but you need to add more machines to it to store the volume of data your apps and tools are generating.
Follow these steps to add a tile cache or spatiotemporal big data store to your deployment, or add a machine to an existing spatiotemporal big data store.
- Start ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder for Microsoft Azure.
- Sign in to Microsoft Azure.
If you want to use the Microsoft Azure Government cloud and have an Azure Government subscription, check U.S. Government Cloud.
- Choose the Azure subscription that contains the ArcGIS Enterprise deployment to which you want to add a tile cache or spatiotemporal big data store.
- Click the Add Data Store Machines to the site button next to the ArcGIS Enterprise deployment name.
- From the Machine Tier drop-down menu, choose the type of data store you want to add to the deployment.
- Type the user name and password for Machine Administrator. This must be the same Windows login you specified to administer the other virtual machines in your ArcGIS Enterprise deployment.
- If you have an existing Windows Domain in your Azure environment and the rest of your deployment is already using this domain, you can add the data store machine (or machines) to the domain. To do so, click Domain Join Options.
- On the Domain Join Options dialog box, be sure the Join Existing Windows Domain option is checked.
- Provide the name of the Active Directory domain.
- Provide the user name and password for the domain administrator.
- Click apply.
- Provide the user name and password for the primary site administrator of your hosting server.
You specified this information when you deployed ArcGIS Enterprise.
- Type the user name and password for the ArcGIS Service Account that you specified to run the other services in your ArcGIS Enterprise deployment.
- Specify the number of machines to include in the data store, as well as their names and sizes.
You should have multiple machines in your tile cache or spatiotemporal big data store. An odd number of machines is recommended.
- Click next to proceed to Deployment Options.
- Choose or create a storage account to hold the artifacts Cloud Builder creates when adding a data store. To create a storage account, follow these steps:
- Type a name for the storage account. Names must be unique. Click Check Availability to confirm the storage account name is unique.
- Choose the Azure region where your storage will reside.
- Choose an existing resource group or create one.
- Choose the type of redundancy for your storage account: Geo-Redundant, Locally Redundant, or Read-Access Geo-Redundant.
See Azure Storage redundancy in the Microsoft Azure documentation for a description of each redundancy option.
- Once the storage account is created, click close.
- Click next to estimate costs and view a summary of your settings.
- Review the settings in the Summary pane. If anything needs to be changed, click back to change the information in the Specify Machines pane. When all settings are correct, click finish to add a tile cache or spatiotemporal big data store to the portal's hosting server in your ArcGIS Enterprise deployment or to add machines to an existing data store.
Click Save Summary to save your site configuration information to a text file.