The following sections describe advanced considerations when configuring ArcGIS Server.
When using a domain account as the ArcGIS Server account
If your log-in settings deny log-in rights to the machine where ArcGIS Server is installed, you will encounter an error during the installation. It is not necessary to grant Log on locally group policy settings to the ArcGIS Server account; only the steps below are required:
- Log in to the machine hosting Windows Active Directory.
- Click Start > Administrative Tools > Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Locate the Organizational Unit containing the ArcGIS Server account.
- Right-click the ArcGIS Server account and select Properties.
- Click the Account tab and click Log on To.
- In the field below The following computers option, type the host name of the machine hosting ArcGIS Server.
- Click Add.
- Click Apply.
For more information about the ArcGIS Server account, see The ArcGIS Server account.