How you upgrade depends on how and when you deployed Portal for ArcGIS on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- You can use manual procedures to upgrade Portal for ArcGIS running on its own Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) instance or instances. If you deployed Portal for ArcGIS on its own instance before 10.9, you must use the manual procedures to upgrade.
- If you deployed Portal for ArcGIS on its own EC2 instance or instances using 10.9, 10.9.1, or 11.0 Amazon Web Services (AWS) CloudFormation templates provided by Esri, you can use 11.1 CloudFormation templates to upgrade it.
Before you upgrade
No matter which upgrade method you use, review the following information before you upgrade your deployment:
- You must obtain a new license file to upgrade to 11.1.
- Make a backup of the portal before upgrading.
Upgrade using manual upgrade procedures
The manual upgrade procedure for Portal for ArcGIS on its own EC2 instance or instances on AWS is similar to upgrading one on-premises. Therefore, follow instructions in the Portal for ArcGIS installation guide to upgrade the site. Read the instructions specific to the operating system on your EC2 instances:
- Upgrade Portal for ArcGIS (Linux)
- Upgrade Portal for ArcGIS (Microsoft Windows)
Upgrade using a CloudFormation template
If you deployed Portal for ArcGIS on its own EC2 instance or instances using 10.9, 10.9.1, or 11.0 Amazon Web Services (AWS) CloudFormation templates provided by Esri, you can use the corresponding 11.1 CloudFormation upgrade template to upgrade it.
The following table lists corresponding deployment and upgrade templates and provides links to instructions for using the upgrade templates.
|10.9, 10.9.1, or 11.0 deployment template||11.1 upgrade template||Instructions to use upgrade template|
Upgrade a single-machine Portal for ArcGIS using CloudFormation
Upgrade a highly available Portal for ArcGIS deployment using CloudFormation