You will likely use the same Microsoft Azure region for most of your deployments and have a common port you use for remote desktop access to your machines. You can set a default Azure region and remote desktop port for deployments you create using ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder for Microsoft Azure.
You can also define a single log file location for all Cloud Builder logs, enable detailed Cloud Builder logging to troubleshoot issues, and enable authentication logging to track when Cloud Builder accesses Azure.
Follow these steps to set defaults before you create deployments:
- Start ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder for Microsoft Azure.
- Sign in to Microsoft Azure.
If you want to use the Microsoft Azure Government cloud and have an Azure Government subscription, check U.S. Government Cloud.
- Choose an Azure Active Directory tenant, click Next, choose a subscription in which to create a deployment, and click Next.
- Click Settings at the top of the Cloud Builder window.
- Choose the Azure region that all or most of your deployments will use.
You can choose a different region during deployment, but set this region to the one you'll use most often.
- Specify the port to use when accessing machines in your deployment through a remote desktop connection.
- To help Esri establish how customers use Cloud Builder, Cloud Builder collects the information listed below. No personally identifiable information is sent to Esri. If you do not want the following information collected, you can uncheck the Track application usage anonymously check box.
- The type of deployment (such as a base ArcGIS Enterprise deployment, a specific ArcGIS Server role, or ArcGIS Desktop) and whether you are creating a deployment, upgrading a deployment, or adding a database
- Whether deployment creation succeeded or failed
- The number of machines in a deployment
- The type of storage used for the ArcGIS Server configuration store and Portal for ArcGIS content directory
- The type of databases (if any) you add to deployments
- To set a location for log files and temporary artifacts that Cloud Builder creates, choose a folder by clicking the browse button next to the Log Folder Path field.
The login account under which you run Cloud Builder must have write access to this folder.
If you don't specify a location here, these log files are written to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\ArcGISCloudBuilderForAzure on the machine where you run Cloud Builder.
Cloud Builder deletes temporary artifacts from this location when installation or upgrade complete, but Cloud Builder does not delete log files.
- When you need to log detailed information for deployment creation or upgrades, check the box next to the Enable detailed logging option.
- If you an enable detailed logging, you can additionally enable log entries to track authentication requests that Cloud Builder makes to Microsoft Azure. To do this, check the box next to Enable logging of authentication requests to Azure.
You must restart Cloud Builder for this setting to take effect.
Authentication requests are written to log files in the location you specified in step 8. Entries in the log file are prefaced with MSAL and are created any time Cloud Builder sends a request to Microsoft Azure that requires authentication.
- Click Save to apply your preferences.