When you publish a map or image service, you may want a quick way to view it so you can verify that the publishing process was successful. Although there are many ways to view a service, this topic lists two quick methods to check your service after publishing or during troubleshooting.
View a service in Manager
- Log in to Manager.
- Click Services.
- Browse to your service and click the thumbnail image next to it. The service is launched in the same simple web viewer window that you get with the Services Directory.
View a service in ArcMap
Adding your map or image service to ArcMap is another quick way to check if the service is functioning properly.
- Open a new empty map document.
- Click Add Data.
- From the Look in drop-down list, choose GIS Servers.
- Double-click your server. If you don't see a connection to your server, you need to add one by clicking Add ArcGIS Server. See Connect to ArcGIS Server from ArcGIS Desktop.
- Browse to your service and double-click it to add it to the map.