To install the ArcGIS Web Adaptor, certain Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.0, 7.5, 8.0, or 8.5 components are required. If you've already enabled IIS 7.0, 7.5, 8.0, or 8.5 but are missing the required IIS components, the installation will display a message indicating that certain IIS components are missing.
You have the option to allow the Web Adaptor installation to automatically enable the required IIS components. You can alternatively enable the components on your own. The setup will not proceed if the required IIS components are not enabled.
Follow the instructions in the sections below to automatically or manually enable the missing IIS components.
Automatically enabling missing IIS components
- Review the missing IIS components in the IIS requirements verification dialog box. You may find it helpful to record the missing components for your records.
- To automatically enable the missing components, click I Agree.
The components are enabled and you can continue with the setup process.
Manually enabling missing IIS components
If you want to manually enable the missing IIS 7.0, 7.5, 8.0, or 8.5 components, click Cancel. To learn how to manually enable the missing IIS components on your own, see the topics below.
- Enabling IIS and required IIS components on Windows Server 2012
- Enabling IIS and required IIS components on Windows Server 2008/2008 R2
- Enabling IIS and required IIS components on Windows 8/8.1
- Enabling IIS and required IIS components on Windows 7
Once all required components have been enabled, launch the Web Adaptor installation again by double-clicking Setup.exe, found in the ArcGIS Web Adaptor (IIS) setup folder.