ArcGIS Web Adaptor can be installed by running the setup using Windows Installer command line parameters as described below. Alternatively, you can install from the user interface using Setup.exe.
- The version of ArcGIS Web Adaptor must match the version of your server site or portal.
- ArcGIS Web Adaptor can be installed side by side with other versions. You are not required to uninstall ArcGIS Web Adaptor unless you are upgrading to a newer version.
- Each ArcGIS Web Adaptor must have its own unique name; you cannot have two Web Adaptors with the same name on a single web server. If a naming conflict is detected during the installation, a warning message appears. You must uninstall the earlier version with the same name to resolve the conflict. Alternatively, you can change the name of one of the Web Adaptors to proceed with the installation.
- ArcGIS Web Adaptor and Tomcat do not need to be installed on the same machine if you will configure the Web Adaptor with a server site or portal through your browser. However, if you will configure the Web Adaptor using the configurewebadaptor.exe tool, the Web Adaptor and Tomcat must be installed on the same machine.
Note:Ensure that you start Tomcat, or any application server where an ArcGIS Web Adaptor instance is to be deployed, with administrative permissions. If it is not, the operation to register the ArcGIS Web Adaptor with ArcGIS Server will fail.
Install ArcGIS Web Adaptor silently
The following are the Windows Installer command line parameters to be used when installing ArcGIS Web Adaptor silently:
This property is required to accept the End User License Agreement during a silent installation. Specify yes to agree to the EULA and install the software. Specifying no or omitting this property will result in a failed installation. The download contains a PDF version of the End User License Agreement (EULA). The EULA.pdf file is located in the \Documentation folder.
- INSTALLDIR=<installation location>
This property allows you to specify the installation location of ArcGIS Web Adaptor from the command line. If you do not set this property, the default installation location of C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\WebAdaptor11.1\java\ is used.
<path to ArcGIS Web Adaptor (Java Platform) setup download>\setup.exe ACCEPTEULA=yes INSTALLDIR="C:\NewInstallDir" /qb
- Use the following command to install ArcGIS Web Adaptor silently without specifying the installation location:
<path to ArcGIS Web Adaptor (Java Platform) setup download>\setup.exe ACCEPTEULA=yes /qb
After ArcGIS Web Adaptor is installed, you can configure it with a server site or portal.
After installation, ArcGIS Web Adaptor will display in the language specified by your Java application server. To change the language, consult the product documentation for your Java application server.