This functionality requires a license for the ArcGIS Workflow Manager Server Advanced role.
You can configure webhooks for ArcGIS Survey123 surveys to automatically create jobs in ArcGIS Workflow Manager when surveys are submitted. Each user that submits surveys that automatically create jobs in Workflow Manager must be assigned a license for the ArcGIS Workflow Manager user type extension and have sufficient privileges to create jobs.
The survey must be hosted on the same ArcGIS Enterprise portal as Workflow Manager Server.
If ArcGIS Workflow Manager Server is federated with an ArcGIS Enterprise portal that uses Integrated Windows Authentication (IWA) or Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) authentication, Survey123 webhooks can't be used to create jobs in Workflow Manager.
When you create or modify a webhook for a survey, the survey must be updated in the Survey123 field app for the changes to take effect.
- Create an extended properties table for the job template you want to use to create jobs when a survey is submitted.
This allows survey data to be associated with jobs.
- Locate the ID for the workflow item and job template you want to use.
- Access the Workflow Manager web app.
- Click the Design tab.
The Design page appears.
If you don’t have sufficient privileges, you won’t see the Design tab.
- Click the Job Templates button .
The Job Templates panel appears.
- Click the job template you want to use in the Job Templates panel.
You can type a keyword in the Search Job Templates text box to filter the list to show job templates that contain the keyword.
- Locate the workflow item and job template ID in the URL in your web browser's address bar.
For example: https://gisserver.domain.com/webadaptorname/apps/workflowmanager/<workflow item id>/design/jobTemplate/<job template id>
- Configure a webhook for your survey using the following parameters:
- In the Payload URL field, provide the URL for Workflow Manager Server using the following example:https://gisserver.domain.com/webadaptorname/workflow/<workflow item id>/webhooks/createJobFromSurveyResponse/<job template id>
- In the Trigger events section, check the New record submitted check box.
- In the Event data section, check the following check boxes:
- Survey info
- Submitted record
- Portal info
- In the Payload URL field, provide the URL for Workflow Manager Server using the following example:
The webhook is ready to use and creates a job in Workflow Manager every time a survey response is submitted.