The Open Web Page step can be used to integrate web pages and web apps in the ArcGIS Workflow Manager web app and in ArcGIS Pro. This allows Workflow Manager users to seamlessly interact with the web page or web app.
When the step is run in the Workflow Manager web app, the web page or web app defined in the step opens on the Work page. Step information is displayed in the Details panel and can be minimized by clicking the Minimize button .
When the step is run in ArcGIS Pro, the web page or web app defined in the step opens in a view in ArcGIS Pro.
When this step is being run by another person, the Running icon appears on the job.
When the step is run, the following actions can be performed:
- The step can be paused by clicking Pause.
- The step can be finished by clicking Finish.
If the step isn't optional, the step must be run or paused at least once before it can be finished.
Configure the step
To configure the step, do the following:
To reduce security vulnerabilities, the Open Web Page step should only be configured for trusted web pages and web apps.
- Create or edit a workflow diagram to access the Step Library panel.
- Drag Open Web Page from the Step Library panel to a connection arrow of a step on the workflow canvas.
The Step Details panel appears.
- Provide a name for the step in the Step Name text box.
- Type the URL of the web page or web app in the Web Page URL text box.
You can also use ArcGIS Arcade expressions to provide a dynamic value. If the Web Page URL value contains plain text and ArcGIS Arcade expressions, you'll need to format the text as follows:
'https://webadaptorhost.domain.com/webadaptorname/<BranchVersionedFeatureServiceName>/?versions=' + JobVersion($Job, '<DataSourceName>') + '&extent=' + JobLocation($Job)
The Open Web Page step only supports URLs with no embedding restrictions and public web apps in an ArcGIS Enterprise portal. Secured web apps in an ArcGIS Enterprise portal and web pages with mixed content are not supported.
- Optionally, check the Open In New Browser check box to open the web page or web app in a new browser window when the step is run in the Workflow Manager web app.
- Click the Options tab.
- Configure Step Options as necessary.
- Manual—Run the step manually.
- Optional—Allow the step to be finished without being run.
- Automatic—Run the step as soon as it becomes active.
If your workflow diagram is configured to automatically run a sequence of steps that includes the Evaluate Data Quality or the Run GP Service step, steps that attempt to run after the user token that started the sequence of steps expires will not run automatically. You must have a license for the ArcGIS Workflow Manager Server Advanced role to continue running the additional automated steps without manual intervention.
- Run on a Schedule—Run the step according to a schedule you set.
- Manual—Run the step manually.
- Optionally, provide help text for the step in the Step Help text box.
You can also use ArcGIS Arcade expressions to provide a dynamic value for the step help. If the step help contains plain text and Arcade expressions, you'll need to format the text as follows:
'For further assistance, please contact ' + JobCreator($Job) + '.'
- Optionally, click the Style tab to change the shape and color of the step.
- Optionally, click the About tab and provide a description for the step in the Step Description text box.
The About tab also contains the step's ID that can be used with dynamic job properties to obtain a step's output.
When the step is completed, its return value is stored to indicate the result of the step. The return value can be immediately evaluated using paths to determine the next steps in the workflow. You can also retrieve the return value for completed steps throughout the workflow using ArcGIS Arcade expressions. The following table lists the step's return values:
The step completed successfully.
The step failed to complete successfully.
When the step is completed, its output value is stored and can be used to determine the path the workflow follows or be used as inputs for other steps throughout the workflow. The following table shows the step's output value:
Returns the URL of the web page or web app that was opened.