ArcGIS for INSPIRE is the solution for the preparation of harmonized spatial data and services pursuant to the guidelines of the European Union INSPIRE Directive. It provides mechanisms to efficiently store transformed data and distribute data via the INSPIRE Download, View, and Discovery Services.
The ArcMap Desktop component provides the INSPIRE Theme data models, implemented as an Esri geodatabase for creating harmonized INSPIRE data and associated metadata. By implementing the INSPIRE geodatabase as a secondary publishing data store, the processes and applications used to create and maintain the source data are not affected. This means that the primary assets and workflows built around the primary data model don't need to be modified. This also facilitates the conditions of high-quality services required by the INSPIRE Directive.
The INSPIRE geodatabase themes are the foundation for publishing INSPIRE services. ArcGIS Enterprise is used for publishing INSPIRE data themes (Annex 1, 2, and 3) as INSPIRE Download and View Services. The INSPIRE Download Service supports direct user-defined data access and downloading of existing datasets.
Geoportal Server, an Esri open source gateway to search and discover geospatial resources, allows you to manage INSPIRE metadata and deploy INSPIRE Discovery Services.
The following is a list of ArcGIS for INSPIRE features:
- Complete solution to provide and publish spatial data according to the INSPIRE Directive
- Conformance to the conditions of the INSPIRE Implementing Rules and the Technical Guidance
- Implementation of the INSPIRE data theme specifications as an Esri geodatabase for optimized usage and publication in ArcGIS Enterprise
- Increased efficiency through automated transformations
- No need to modify the existing primary data store or related workflows
- INSPIRE Service component for ArcGIS Enterprise enables simple publication of INSPIRE Download and View Services
- INSPIRE Download Services support direct access and predefined dataset services
- Connection of INSPIRE Service Capabilities with the associated metadata of a catalog server
- Seamless integration with the base technologies of ArcGIS
The following is a list of ArcGIS for INSPIRE components:
- ArcMap Desktop extension that includes geodatabase templates to build harmonized INSPIRE datasets and capabilities to manage INSPIRE data, metadata, and INSPIRE Download and View Services
- ArcGIS Enterprise Server extension to deploy INSPIRE Download Services and View Services
- Esri Geoportal Server Catalog to manage INSPIRE metadata and deploy an INSPIRE Discovery Service