To connect to a Dameng database from an ArcGIS client, install and configure the DM client on your ArcGIS client machines.
Once the DM client is configured on all your ArcGIS client machines, create a database connection file in ArcGIS Pro.
To publish ArcGIS Server web services that reference the data in your Dameng database, register the database connection file with your ArcGIS Server sites.
Connect from ArcGIS Pro
To connect from an ArcGIS Pro project to Dameng, install the DM client on the ArcGIS Pro machine and create a database connection.
Install the DM client
Obtain the 64-bit DM client from Dameng and install it on the ArcGIS Pro machine. Follow instructions provided by Dameng to install the client.
Connect to the database
Add a database connection using the Database Connection dialog box or Create Database Connection tool. The following steps describe using the Database Connection dialog box.
- Right-click Databases in the Catalog pane and click New Database Connection.
- Choose Dameng from the Database Platform drop-down list.
- In the Data source text box, type the name of the server where Dameng is installed.
- Choose Database authentication for the Authentication Type.
- Provide a valid user name and password in the User name and Password text boxes, respectively.
- Uncheck Save user name and password if you prefer not to save your login information as part of the connection; doing this can help maintain the security of the database. However, if you do this, you will be prompted to provide a user name and password every time you connect.
Save user name and password must be checked for connection files that you register with an ArcGIS Server site, or if you want to search ArcGIS Pro to locate data accessed through this connection file.
- Click OK to connect.
Connect from ArcGIS Server
If you will be publishing Dameng data from ArcGIS Pro to a stand-alone or federated ArcGIS Server site and want the resultant services to use the data in your Dameng database, do the following:
- If ArcGIS Server is installed on a different machine than Dameng, install the DM client on the ArcGIS Server machine. If your site includes multiple machines, install the client on all ArcGIS Server machines.
- If ArcGIS Server is installed on a Linux server, edit the init_user_param.sh script on each ArcGIS Server machine to include information about the DM client and restart ArcGIS Server on each machine.
- Register your Dameng database with the ArcGIS Server site.
Install the DM client
Obtain the 64-bit DM client installation from Dameng and install it on all machines in your ArcGIS Server sites. Follow instructions provided by Dameng to install the client.
Alter the init_user_param.sh script (Linux only)
Once you have installed the database client files, alter the init_user_param.sh script installed with ArcGIS Server to reference the client files. You can access this script by browsing to the <ArcGIS Server installation directory>/arcgis/server/usr directory.
On most Linux operating systems, you must also create a link from the libodbcinst.so library version on your machine to libodbcinst.so.
- Ensure that the ArcGIS Server installation owner on each machine has at least read and execute permissions on the database client libraries.
- Open the init_user_param.sh script in a text editor.
- Remove the comment marks (#) from the lines beginning with export and replace <Dameng_InstallDir> with the path to your DM client installation.
# ----------------------------------------------------------------------- # Modify this section to configure a connection to Dameng. # # ----------------------------------------------------------------------- export DAMENGDIR=<Dameng_InstallDir> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DAMENGDIR/bin:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
- Save and close the script.
- The DM client requires the libodbcinst.so library. If you have a different version of the library, you must create a soft link to reference libodbcinst.so.
In this example, a link is created between libodbcinst.so.2.0.0 and libodbcinst.so.
ln -s libodbcinst.so /usr/lib64/libodbcinst.so.2.0.0
- For the changes you made in the init_user_param.sh file to take effect, you must restart ArcGIS Server To do this, run the stopserver.sh script and then run the startserver.sh script on each machine in the ArcGIS Server site.
Register the database
If you want your web services to use the data in your Dameng database, register the database with your ArcGIS Server sites. See Manage registered data stores in the ArcGIS Pro help or Register your data with ArcGIS Server using Manager for instructions.