How you upgrade depends on how you created the ArcGIS Workflow Manager site on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Any ArcGIS Workflow Manager site on AWS can be upgraded using a manual upgrade procedure.
- If you created the ArcGIS Workflow Manager site using an 11.1 Esri CloudFormation template, you can use the corresponding 11.2 CloudFormation template to upgrade it.
- If you created the ArcGIS Workflow Manager site using 11.1 ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder for Amazon Web Services, you can use 11.2 ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder for AWS to upgrade it.
Before you upgrade
No matter which upgrade method you use, review the following information before you upgrade your deployment:
- You must obtain a new license file to upgrade to 11.2.
- Make a backup of the ArcGIS Workflow Manager site before upgrading.
- You must upgrade the ArcGIS Enterprise portal with which ArcGIS Workflow Manager is federated before upgrading the ArcGIS Workflow Manager site.
Upgrade using manual upgrade procedures
The manual upgrade procedure for an ArcGIS Workflow Manager site on AWS is similar to upgrading one on-premises. Therefore, follow instructions in the ArcGIS Workflow Manager installation guide to upgrade the site. Read the instructions specific to the operating system on your EC2 instances:
Upgrade using a CloudFormation template
If you used an 11.1 deployment CloudFormation template provided by Esri to create an ArcGIS Workflow Manager site, you can use the corresponding 11.2 upgrade template to upgrade it.
The following table lists corresponding deployment and upgrade templates and provides links to instructions for using the upgrade templates.
|11.1 deployment template||11.2 upgrade template||Instructions to use upgrade template|