How you upgrade depends on how and when you created the ArcGIS Data Store relational data store on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- You can use manual procedures to upgrade any relational data stores running on their own Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) instance or instances. If you created the relational data store on its own instance before 10.9, you must use the manual procedures to upgrade.
- If you created the relational data store on its own EC2 instance or instances using the 10.9 ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder for Amazon Web Services app, you can use the 10.9.1 Cloud Builder app to upgrade.
- If you created the relational data store on its own EC2 instance or instances using 10.9 Amazon Web Services (AWS) CloudFormation templates provided by Esri, you can use 10.9.1 CloudFormation templates to upgrade it.
- If the relational data store is part of a single-machine or highly available base ArcGIS Enterprise deployment you created using a CloudFormation template provided by Esri or using the Cloud Builder app, the data store will be upgraded when you upgrade the base deployment. See Upgrade a single-machine ArcGIS Enterprise deployment on AWS or Upgrade a highly available ArcGIS Enterprise deployment on AWS for more information.
Before you upgrade
No matter which upgrade method you use, review the following information before you upgrade your deployment:
- Create a backup of the data store.
- To create a backup of the data store only, use the upgradedatastore utility installed with ArcGIS Data Store. See Manage data store backups for instructions.
- To create a backup of the base ArcGIS Enterprise deployment (which includes the relational data store), use the webgisdr utility installed with Portal for ArcGIS. See ArcGIS Enterprise backups for more information.
- You must upgrade the ArcGIS GIS Server site (the hosting server) with which the relational data store is registered before you upgrade the relational data store.
Upgrade using manual upgrade procedures
The manual upgrade procedure for ArcGIS Data Store on its own EC2 instance or instances on AWS is similar to upgrading ArcGIS Data Store on-premises. Therefore, follow instructions in the ArcGIS Data Store installation guide to upgrade. Read the instructions specific to the operating system on your EC2 instances:
Upgrade using a CloudFormation template
If you created the relational data store on its own EC2 instance or instances using 10.9 Amazon Web Services (AWS) CloudFormation templates provided by Esri, you can use the corresponding 10.9.1 CloudFormation upgrade template to upgrade it.
The following table lists corresponding deployment and upgrade templates and provides links to instructions for using the upgrade templates.
|10.9 deployment template||10.9.1 upgrade template||Instructions to use upgrade template|