ArcGIS Web Adaptor can be installed silently using command line parameters as described below. Alternatively, you can install from the user interface using Setup.sh.
- The version of ArcGIS Web Adaptor must match the version of your server site or portal.
- ArcGIS Web Adaptor can be installed side by side with other versions. You are not required to uninstall ArcGIS Web Adaptor unless you are upgrading to a newer version.
- Each ArcGIS Web Adaptor must have its own unique name; you cannot have two Web Adaptors with the same name on a single web server. If a naming conflict is detected during the installation, a warning message appears. You must uninstall the earlier version with the same name to resolve the conflict. Alternatively, you can change the name of one of the Web Adaptors to proceed with the installation.
- ArcGIS Web Adaptor and Tomcat do not need to be installed on the same machine if you will configure the Web Adaptor with a server site or portal through your browser. However, if you will configure the Web Adaptor using the configurewebadaptor.sh tool, the Web Adaptor and Tomcat must be installed on the same machine..
Note:Ensure that you start Tomcat, or any application server where an ArcGIS Web Adaptor instance is to be deployed, with administrative permissions. If it is not, the operation to register the ArcGIS Web Adaptor with ArcGIS Server will fail.
Install ArcGIS Web Adaptor silently
To install ArcGIS Web Adaptor silently, complete the following steps:
- Before beginning the installation, read the master agreement located at <CD_ROOT or untar directory>/Documentation/EULA.pdf, and if you agree, accept the terms.
- Run the setup silently at the prompt. Sample syntax:
<CD_ROOT or untar directory>/Setup -m silent -l yes
Usage: Setup [Options]
-m; --mode MODE
Optional. Defaults to GUI.
MODE is either silent or gui.
-l; --license-agreement CHOICE
Required for silent mode. CHOICE is either Yes or No. Yes indicates that you have read and agreed to the Esri Master Agreement (E204, E300). See https://www.esri.com/legal/licensing-translations to read the agreement.
-d; --directory DIRECTORY
Optional. By default, ArcGIS Web Adaptor is installed to your $HOME directory. DIRECTORY specifies a different installation directory.
The path /arcgis/webadaptor11.2/ is appended to the installation directory.
The name of the installation directory should be lowercase. The samples and data installed require the data path to be lowercase.
It is recommended that you do not install ArcGIS Web Adaptor to a remote network drive. If the remote drive is not accessible at uninstallation time, the uninstallation could fail and leave files behind.
Installer runs in verbose mode.
Displays command line help and exits.
Displays usage examples of these options and exits.
- Browse to the ArcGIS Web Adaptor installation folder. Deploy the arcgis.war file to your Java application server. For instructions on how to deploy a .war file, refer to the documentation for your Java application server.
- Optionally, to deploy multiple Web Adaptors on the host machine, redeploy the arcgis.war file as necessary. If you're deploying multiple Web Adaptors on the same website (port), they must use different names; for example, two Web Adaptors named arcgis cannot exist on the same website. If you want multiple Web Adaptors with the same name, you must install them on separate websites (ports).
- After ArcGIS Web Adaptor is installed, you can configure it with a server site or portal.
After installation, ArcGIS Web Adaptor will display in the language specified by your Java application server. To change the language, consult the product documentation for your Java application server.