You can use geocoding tools to perform large batch geocoding jobs against on-premises geocoding services. Geocoding tools provide the following batch geocoding experience:
- The tools accept a portal item as input. Valid input items are tables, CSV files, or Excel spreadsheets.
- The tools allow feature layer or file output items in the portal. Supported file types are CSV or Excel spreadsheets.
- You can configure the tools to leverage on-premises geocoding services and support asynchronous execution to get jobs done faster.
You can perform large batch geocoding jobs against the locators configured in your portal using any of the following:
- The Geocode Locations from Table standard feature analysis tool in the map viewer
- The Batch Geocode ArcGIS REST API task
- The ArcGIS API for Python batch_geocode function